Saturday, June 7, 2008

Street Memory Sketchs




Sometimes I'll be driving in my car around town and I will observe interesting people along the side walks. I can take out my sketchbook and start recording but I think that would cause considerable traffic problems. So as I am at a stop light or cruising by at 35+ mph I take a mental snapshot and try to preserve the negative in my memory until I arrive at a location where I can out put the data traditionally or digitally. This memory sketching was first introduced to me by and animator at Walt Disney Feature Animation FL. Shout out to Elliot B! http://www.elliotbour.blogspot.com/
I was going out to the theme parks to draw people to study their walking patterns. I have to admit the first couple sketchbooks of drawing people from memory when they were walking were really terrible. Now many years of practice later, you can at least tell that they are people. I would like to continue to focus on capturing their expression and attitude. Here is a recent line up done digitally.

No comments: