Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Robots are Cool!



Will.I.Am and Dean Kamen team up! To create the next biggest scientifically engineered pop band? To change the face of science and technology? How did this happen?

On my way home this evening, I was listening to the radio. I usually drive home each night and try to catch MarketPlace on public radio to get an update on the financial situation here in the US and the Globe. Today, what caught my attention and I found kind of inspiring was an article they were reporting about the team up of Will.I.Am (from the Black Eyed Peas) and Dean Kamen (inventor of
the artificial heart, the Segway, and other technological marvels)

It's great to hear a pop icon getting behind the cause of inspiring the next generation of kids to be not just "pop stars" and what ever else is currently the fashion on most media. There is a move to bring the "cool factor" to science and technology and change the way kids think about those subjects as areas of innovation, inspiration, and dare to say revolution.

Check out the MarketPlace transcript and audio links here:

Watch F.I.R.S.T founder Dean Kamen go head to head with Will.I.Am in a robot battle to the death! .............or not. ;)

Enjoy!

FIRST Promo:

No comments: