Saturday, September 26, 2015

Finished up a MoleSkin Weekend

So this past weekend I drew the last page in a moleskin I started a while ago.
I didn't realize I finished the book when I was in the middle of the drawing at the passport office.
I started thinking about where this little book has traveled and what sketches I have collected in the pages since it started on the journey with me. I picked the Monogram brand sketchbook with ivory paper from an art supply store in Ngee Ann City/ Takashimaya on Orchard Road in Singapore.

The last drawing at the Glendale Post Office/ Passport Office:


One of the first sketches in the moleskin:


 What the sketchbook ended up looking like:


What I think it wishes it looks like;)


I put these up having been inspired to share by an amazingly talented friend, Jamie Vickers, who has been traveling through most of Asia via bicycle for the last year. You can see his amazing travel sketches here: facebook
His incredible animation here: http://www.jamievickers.blogspot.com/

No comments: